Guest Blogger: Sleeps What I Miss by Annmarie Lindon

SLEEPS WHAT I MISS The silence so loud Just my thoughts in my head I’m beyond my exhaustion As I lay here in bed    My body s...

SLEEPS WHAT I MISS

The silence so loud
Just my thoughts in my head
I’m beyond my exhaustion
As I lay here in bed  

 My body so tired
It just wants to give in
To rest its weary bones
When will sleep begin? 

My legs hurt so badly
You don’t understand
It starts at my toes
And ends at my hands 

I shake them and bang them
Walk the floor all night
The feeling of helplessness
Relief nowhere in sight 

Why does this happen
No one can tell
Will the pain ever end?
It puts me through hell 

I’ve tried all the medicine
Sleep studies and such
From doctor to doctor
They can’t give me much 

I just want to get sleep
One night without THIS
It’s the feel of relief
That’s what I miss 

2-1-11Annmarie Lindon

About the blogger: I'm 46 and have been suffering with WED/RLS since I was 12 years old. Back then it was growing pains but I knew it was much more. It wasn't until I got married in 93 when a name was put to it for me. My world changed. I'm NOT CRAZY!!! Unfortunately it started with both legs and then moved to both arms. It is not just the "drive me crazy" feeling but the pain that goes along with it. I'm on numerous Rx for WED/RLS and insomnia. I pray one day soon there will be a cure or at least 1 pill that will work for me. Until then I stay up every night and write.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Flickr Images