BRAVELETS Contests Restless Legs Syndrome Restless Legs Syndrome Foundation rls awareness
Thursday, September 22, 2016
Top 10 Ways to Celebrate RLS Awareness Day: Change your Facebook picture to our ‘RLS Awareness Day’ image (see RLS Foundation Faceboo...
Top 10 Ways to Celebrate RLS Awareness Day:
- Change your Facebook picture to our ‘RLS Awareness Day’ image (see RLS Foundation Facebook page) and tag us! You will be entered to win an RLS T-shirt and goodie bag! Win a Bravelet with the MOST LIKES on your post.
- Write a letter to the editor about your experience with RLS and send it to your local newspaper, TV station, or send it to us to post on our blog.
- Tell your RLS story in video, photo or write a poem using the hashtags #RLSAwarenessDay2016 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube.
- Order an RLS Bravelet for you or someone you care for and support! A portion of each Bravelet sold in support of RLS is donated to the RLSF!
- Become a Support Group Leader! Visit the volunteer page on our website or email Chiara at chiara@RLS.org for more information.
- Everybody knows somebody with RLS. Download our postcard and send to four of your friends telling them about RLS Awareness Day, September 23, 2016 … the day the RLS community stands together with hope for a cure!
- Download the RLS Quick Guide and share it in your community. Send it in emails. Post it at schools, places of worship, grocery stores, libraries, community centers and other public billboards. Bring it with you to appointments and leave copies in doctor's waiting areas – GET THE WORD OUT … YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
- Gift or be gifted an RLS Foundation membership! Give the gift of membership to a friend or family member (a $35 value). Or ask that a membership, or donation, to the Foundation be gifted to you for a special occasion, like your birthday! Membership includes our quarterly magazine, NightWalkers and access to the 'Members Only' section of our NEW website, where you can download any publication, access archived editions of NightWalkers and educational webinar archives.
- Kids and teens have RLS too. Ask your school or sports league to announce RLS Awareness Day in morning announcements or during half-time! Be sure to share the RLS Teen Guide or Children's Booklet with your school nurse.
- Purchase an RLS Awareness Ribbon magnet for your bumper.