SPOTLIGHT: Greg Oberland

February 28, 2019 Greg Oberland Joins Board of Directors The RLS Foundation is pleased to welcome Greg Oberland as the newest member ...

February 28, 2019

Greg Oberland Joins Board of Directors

The RLS Foundation is pleased to welcome Greg Oberland as the newest member of the Board of Directors. Oberland brings to the Foundation extensive work and nonprofit experience that will serve him greatly in his duties as a board member.

Oberland was born and raised in Chicago and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame. He earned a law degree from Georgetown University and worked for Northwestern Mutual, a financial services firm based in Milwaukee, for 36 years, starting as an attorney and eventually switching to the business side of things, where he worked his way up to the position of president. Over the past 20 years, Oberland has served on five other nonprofit boards and has occupied the role of president of the Milwaukee Red Cross of Wisconsin, and the Milwaukee Public Library Foundation. He currently is president of the Milwaukee Repertory Theater.

Oberland is a long-time member of the RLS Foundation and says, “the RLS Foundation was like a lifeline for me in that it helped me realize that I wasn’t out of my mind and that this was a real medical condition. I have been a subscriber and donor to the Foundation for many years. Now that I am recently retired, I feel I have the time and talent to give back to the Foundation in order to advance its mission.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images