Guest Blogger: Leg Pain by Annmarie Lindon

LEG PAIN My legs I just can’t bear it The pain is much too strong No matter what I do for it Everything seems to be wrong These pills...

LEG PAIN

My legs I just can’t bear it
The pain is much too strong
No matter what I do for it
Everything seems to be wrong

These pills, they don’t work for me
I lay banging my legs all night
The time I have relief if few
Tears flowing, my bodies at fight

No one knows the pain I feel
Come see me at any time
And some may wonder if it’s real
My body will promise the crime

RLS has stolen my piece of mind
My sleep is never too long
Then evil takes over my arms and legs
And the pain is much too strong

I dream of night with no RLS
To be a normal person again
If you don’t have it you can’t understand
The itchy, crawly, uncontrollable pain

4-12-01
Annmarie Lindon

About the blogger: I'm 46 and have been suffering with WED/RLS since I was 12 years old. Back then it was growing pains but I knew it was much more. It wasn't until I got married in 93 when a name was put to it for me. My world changed. I'm NOT CRAZY!!! Unfortunately it started with both legs and then moved to both arms. It is not just the "drive me crazy" feeling but the pain that goes along with it. I'm on numerous Rx for WED/RLS and insomnia. I pray one day soon there will be a cure or at least 1 pill that will work for me. Until then I stay up every night and write.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Flickr Images