Guest Blogger: Charlotte Dunn

Growing Pains Last Tuesday, October 1st I had surgery on my left foot. I was given a mild sedative to make me sleepy and a local was us...

Growing Pains

Last Tuesday, October 1st I had surgery on my left foot. I was given a mild sedative to make me sleepy and a local was used on the foot. After the surgery had begun the WED/RLS started and prevented the surgeon from proceeding until he could quiet the leg. After the procedure was complete and I went home, the WED/RLS came back and I was instructed to keep my leg elevated and an ice pack on my foot. That was impossible even after I took a pain pill to help quiet the leg. I was miserable all afternoon. This situation has happened twice before.  First when I was having a cataract done and second when I was admitted to the emergency room of a hospital for food poisoning picked up in a restaurant. In neither situation did they know how to handle the problem. On the third visit, we knew it was possible, but the problem after I came home in the afternoon was new and we just couldn’t turn off the WED/RLS.  I have told the doctors of the whole situation and I think we will be prepared if the situation ever arises again. The pain is finally gone from my foot – OH happy day.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images