Executive Director of the WED Foundation announces retirement

Dear WED/RLS Community, After 12 wonderful years at the Foundation, I have made the difficult decision to retire from my position as Execu...

Dear WED/RLS Community,

After 12 wonderful years at the Foundation, I have made the difficult decision to retire from my position as Executive Director at the end of the calendar year.  I will spend my final days transitioning out of my role and handing responsibilities to our very capable national office staff.

The board of directors are in the process of searching for a new Executive Director. In the meantime, the Foundation will have an interim Executive Director. Our strong and talented board and staff will continue to manage and grow the Foundation in partnership with the interim Executive Director and eventually the new Executive Director.  I am proud of our accomplishments and look forward to celebrating the Foundation’s bright future.

I have been extremely fortunate to be able to work with the Foundation on behalf of you, the WED/RLS community.  I will miss the Board of Directors, the Medical and Scientific Advisory Boards, staff members and the amazing volunteers that I have been privileged to work with to achieve our mission. 

As we’ve done during other periods of change, we will work to maintain services to the WED/RLS community and ensure timely communication with everyone throughout the transition.  We will work together to make sure such major programs as the new Quality Care Center Initiative are carried forward into full implementation. 

I am certain the Foundation will continue to grow as WEDF-funded research points to new treatments and a cure, the WED/RLS Quality Care Center Network develops new standards for quality care, and people connect with the Foundation in new ways, via social media and the internet.  I will miss having the inside track on these developments, but I will greatly enjoy watching them unfold.  And, I will miss each and every friend that I have made on this amazing voyage with the WED/RLS community.

With best wishes,


Georgianna Bell
Executive Director (retiring 12-31-13)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images