Spotlight: Erika Hallerman

New Support Group Leader in North Carolina The RLS Foundation is pleased to welcome Erika Hallerman as the new support group leader in...

New Support Group Leader in North Carolina

The RLS Foundation is pleased to welcome Erika Hallerman as the new support group leader in Cary, North Carolina. Thank you, Erika, and welcome!

Erika Hallerman (Cary, North Carolina)

Restless legs syndrome began to chronically affect my life just over three years ago. Confirming a diagnosis was a laborious process that required a great deal of patience and persistence. It is easy to become a victim of this neurological disease. I’ve lost count of the number of sleepless nights and have spent many days wondering why I was chosen to suffer in such a way.

There is currently no cure for RLS, so I knew that learning to live with it was my only option. I tried to find a support group along the way but was unsuccessful. The battle to live a better quality of life was much more difficult than I anticipated. After finally discovering the resources embedded in the RLS Foundation, I decided to start a support group in North Carolina.

The focus of my life has been to find a way to live a more comfortable life and help those who suffer with this condition during the process. Most days are hard work for me, but at the end of the day, the struggle is worth the challenge. I hope to share my strength with those who suffer from RLS.

Stay up to date with all upcoming RLS Foundation support group meetings on our website or Facebook page. All volunteer support group leaders and contacts are available via phone or email to provide support. Search by city or state to find one near you!

Interested in becoming a volunteer RLS Foundation support group leader? Visit our website to learn more about the role and how to apply!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images