Spotlight: John Alexanderson

New Support Group Leader in Pennsylvania The RLS Foundation is pleased to welcome John Alexanderson as the new support group leader in...

New Support Group Leader in Pennsylvania

The RLS Foundation is pleased to welcome John Alexanderson as the new support group leader in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. Thank you, John, and welcome!

John Alexanderson (Doylestown, Pennsylvania)

I was a Prudential employee in New Jersey for 30 years, and also worked as a school bus driver in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, and Bucks County, Pennsylvania for 10 years. I am currently a radio DJ (Swing and Oldies) on WRDV in Hatboro, Pennsylvania, and WOVV in Ocracoke, North Carolina. My wife and I have two daughters and two granddaughters so far. I am up at 5:20 am most days to swim laps at the YMCA in Doylestown.

I have had restless legs syndrome at least since college, more than 50 years ago. But, like many of us with RLS, I didn't know what it was until about 10 years ago. I found that others are amazingly uninformed about RLS, and I want to spread the word and empower others in the "club" to activism, education, and assurance. I refuse to suffer from RLS, but I realize what a burdensome personal issue RLS can be for we the "Chosen."

Stay up to date with all upcoming RLS Foundation support group meetings on our website or Facebook page. All volunteer support group leaders and contacts are available via phone or email to provide support. Search by city or state to find one near you!

Interested in becoming a volunteer RLS Foundation support group leader? Visit our website to learn more about the role and how to apply!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images