Spotlight: Lisa Marie Smith

New Support Group Leader in Texas The RLS Foundation is pleased to welcome Lisa Marie Smith as the new support group leader in Brazori...

New Support Group Leader in Texas

The RLS Foundation is pleased to welcome Lisa Marie Smith as the new support group leader in Brazoria County, Texas. Thank you, Lisa, and welcome!

Lisa Marie Smith (Brazoria County, Texas)

Looking back over the years, I realize that restless legs syndrome has been a part of my life since I was a young girl. Simple, every day activities such as car rides, going to the movies, sitting in class, or lying in bed trying to sleep were challenging for me.

I didn’t understand what was happening, why I felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin, why I couldn’t just be still, why no one around me seemed to have these same problems.

Through the years, the RLS slowly progressed to the point that I am now taking medication three times a day just to cope with the symptoms.

There have been times I felt like no one in the world could possibly understand what I was feeling, but through the RLS Foundation I have learned that there are others who suffer just as much, others who understand what I’m going through. I want to help those who are struggling with RLS by providing information, guidance, and resources to help them cope. I want to be an encourager and a support that they can turn to.

Stay up to date with all upcoming RLS Foundation support group meetings on our website or Facebook page. All volunteer support group leaders and contacts are available via phone or email to provide support. Search by city or state to find one near you!

Interested in becoming a volunteer RLS Foundation support group leader? Visit our website to learn more about the role and how to apply!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images