Guest Blogger: My Dad by Ali Dzienkowski

Father’s Day, like Mother’s Day, is a day that is dedicated to someone important in our lives – our dads. I think that our parents are t...

Father’s Day, like Mother’s Day, is a day that is dedicated to someone important in our lives – our dads. I think that our parents are the most influential teachers we have, and my dad is no exception. For example, from an early age, my dad has taught me things about using computers, how to hook up video game systems to the TV, and various other kinds of technology. Although I am no genius when it comes to technological things, like developing software, I know how to work with various programs, as well as how to generally troubleshoot problems (although there are still plenty of times when I ask him for help with whatever technological problems I may be facing).

When my RLS/WED first became a problem for me, my dad, like my mom, was concerned with what I was dealing with. One of the doctors I went to said that I may have something called Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS/WED), but that he didn’t now enough about it to make a diagnosis. Through extensive research on the Internet, my mom found the Restless Leg Syndrome Foundation. My dad selflessly stayed home to take care of my sister and I in order to let my mom go the national meeting in order to learn more about WED/RLS. This ultimately helped my parents find a doctor who could provide the care that I needed at the time.

My dad still cares about whatever endeavor I decide to undertake. Whether it is going to a concert or being my chauffer for the day, my dad does so much for me. I really appreciate all that my dad has done for me. Thanks for being the best dad in the world!

Learn more on our website about Children and WED/RLS at http://willis-ekbom.org/connect-with-others/youth-initiative.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Flickr Images